ProboStat™ is a cell and sample holder for measurements of electrical and electrochemical properties, transport parameters, and kinetics of materials, solid/gas interfaces and electrodes under controlled atmospheres at high temperatures up to 1600°C.
The ProboStat™ system offers a cost-effective alternative to developing and building your own test fixture for characterization and testing of inorganic materials, electroceramics, fuel cell components, membrane materials, etc. Optional kits available for getting started with fuel cells, testing bar samples (bulk resistance and Seebeck thermoelectric effect), Van der Pauw surface conductivity, and optical and/or vacuum measurements.
A full range of spare parts are available as well in Test Accessories.
SOFC Button Cell Test System Includes:
- Base unit with electrical and gas connectors
- 20 mm diameter alumina support tube for cells up to 20 mm (25 mm optional)
- Spring-load assembly for compressing cell onto support
- Pt wire mesh and net electrodes for current collection
- Inner and outer Pt/alumina electrode assemblies
- Thermocouple Type K (Chromel/Alumel) for up to 1200°C or Type S (Pt/Pt 10% Rh) for temperatures up to 1600°C
- Gas supply tubes
- Alumina Outer Containment tube, 40mm OD
- Manual, Tools, Storage Case, Support Stand, etc.
Ask a Question
ProbostatTM + Furnace
fuelcellmaterials, with the help of renowned furnace companies and test stand vendors, is able to offer specialized furnaces for use with the ProboStatTM. The furnace has a clam-shell design for easy access to the ProboStatTM and test samples.
ProbostatTM + Furnace + Test Stand
fuelcellmaterials offers an integrated, turn key solid oxide fuel cell system for the researcher ready to move beyond button cell testing. Included are the 10 cm x 10 cm SOFC Test Manifold kit along with a customized furnace and test stand. This complete system will allow you to focus on actually performing SOFC research, not on creating the equipment needed.
- Automatic hardware shutdown and purge gas for safe, reliable operation
- Testing software for user-friendly computer-controlled cell operation and experimentation
- Up to five mass flow channels with constant or stoichiometric-controlled reactant flow rates
- Anode and cathode stainless steel ambient temperature humidifiers
- Automated testing, set up the test conditions and walk away as they are completed by the end of the day
- The program is set up nicely for easy customization of data collection including which variables are tracked, frequency of data recording, ect…
- Impedance measurement capability is very user-friendly